Frequently Asked Questions
Furniture Donation Pickup FAQ's
Yes. Furniture Donation Pickup provides tax-deductible donation receipts for every pickup. These donation receipts help you to claim tax refunds from the IRS.
Yes, our donation pickup services are free! Furniture Donation Pickup will haul the items you want to donate to charity from your home, free of charge.
Furniture Donation Pickup accepts furniture, appliances, mattresses, electronics, and most household items in excellent condition. We deeply appreciate all of the donations we receive, and we will love to pick up your charitable donations.
Furniture donations we accept include:
- Bed frames and mattresses
- Bedroom furniture, including nightstands and dressers
- Living room furniture—sofas, recliners, television stands, coffee tables, end tables, and more
- Kitchen furniture, including dining room tables and chairs, kitchen pantries, and display hutches
- Kids furniture—bunk beds, cribs, and small tables and chairs
- Office furniture—desks, office chairs, printer tables, file cabinets, organizers, table lamps, and more.
Household appliances we pick up for charitable donation in Houston include
- Washing machines
If you’re ready to donate your furniture and other household pieces to the Christian Army Charity, fill this online form to schedule a donation pickup with Furniture Donation Pickup. It is a simple form, and you’ll be able to book an appointment request online in a few minutes.
You only need to complete four easy steps:
- Choose your preferred pickup day. You can also schedule next-day pickups.
- Take pictures of the items you wish to donate and upload them to the form. We only accept neat second-hand items that are ready for reuse.
- Provide a brief description of each item.
- Fill in your contact information and submit the form.
Furniture Donation Pickup will confirm your appointment and also send appointment reminders to you; the night before your scheduled date and 30 minutes to the pickup time. We pick up from upstairs, downstairs, inside, and outside residential and business locations.
We also observe all health safety protocols throughout the pickup, and our services are efficient, professional, and right on time.
Salvation Army Pickup FAQs
Depending on your location, you may be able to schedule a pickup online with the Salvation Army. To find out if this option is available in your region, visit the website and enter your ZIP code. You will get a message that lets you know if you can book an appointment online.
Alternatively, call the toll-free number to get real-time information from your local Salvation Army office and schedule a pickup. You can also drop off your donations at a Salvation Army service center close to you. Visit the website to find a drop-off location close to you.
Salvation Army does not accept the following items:
- Air Conditioners
- Doors (all types)
- Filing Cabinet (Metal)
- Hospital Beds
- Hot Water Heaters
- Bed (King size)
- Boxsprings (king size)
- Built-in Appliances
- Cans, Bottles, Jars
- Garage Door Openers
- Sofa or Couch that is longer than 12 feet
- Swing Sets
- Chemicals of any kind
- Carpet Padding
- Mattress (king size)
- Counter Tops/Cabinets
- Curtain Rods
- Dental Equipment
- Desks (non-antique and non-computer desks)
- Organs (electric)
- Text Books
- Venetian Blinds
- Wall to Wall Carpeting
- Wire Coat Hanger
Generally, it is best to wash clothes and other fabric pieces before donating to the Salvation Army Charity. You don’t want the new owner inheriting any stains, dirt, and smell on your clothes.
If there are permanent stains on the fabrics, they may not be a good fit for donation. Most times, badly-stained clothing and fabric items end up in the trash, and no one benefits from them. You should consider giving out such items to animal shelters.
Visit the Salvation Army website to make a charitable donation to people in need. You can donate items in four specific categories: Clothes, Misc, Heavy Furniture, and Light Furniture.
Just like Furniture Donation Pickup, Salvation Army has four steps for donations:
- Verify your location to confirm that you can schedule a pickup online. If this isn’t available in your area, you can call the toll-free line to book a donation pickup or find a drop-off location in your region.
- Add the items you want to pick up.
- Choose your preferred pickup date. Here, you can add any special instructions to help the driver.
- Fill in your contact information and the pickup address.
The Salvation Army sells all donated items at its thrift stores at low prices. Proceeds from item sales are used to fund its Adult Rehabilitation Centers. These centers restore and transform the lives of people struggling with drug and alcohol addictions.
Goodwill Pickup FAQs
Goodwill does not offer donation pickup in all its locations. To know if they’ll be able to pick up your furniture donations, contact a Goodwill donation center in your area. Most Goodwill centers will pick up large items like furniture from your home.
You can use the online store locator on the website to find a Goodwill center close to you. Alternatively, you can drop off your donations at a Goodwill store or in any Goodwill donation drop box in your community.
You can donate most of your household items and clothing to Goodwill Pickup. Specifically, Goodwill accepts nearly everything, especially sporting equipment, small appliances, DVDs, books, clothing, shoes, toys, furniture, and sometimes, building materials
Goodwill Pickup will not accept the following items:
- Damaged items/ items in need of repair
- Children Swimming Pools
- Air conditioners
- Large appliances like stoves, washers, and dryers
- Motor vehicles of any kind
- Fireworks and Ammunition
- Water-soaked or stained items
- Swing Sets
- Wall Cabinets
- Box Spring Mattress
No, Goodwill does not wash any clothes or other fabric items you donate. Before giving away these items, try to dry clean the clothes, and arrange them neatly.
Take the items you want to donate to a Goodwill center in Houston, and a donor greeter will take things up from there. You’ll also get a ticket you can use to request a tax refund from the IRS.
Furniture Donation free pickup services will help you make an impact. We will also make sure your items find a new home where they’ll be appreciated.
Are you ready to put your old furniture to use for a worthy cause? Schedule a pickup for your neatly used furniture, and we’ll come to pick them up whenever you want for free.